Take the time today to treat yourself. However, instead of sugar, swap out one of your regular choices with honey, molasses, stevia, agave or a fruit. Be cautious here as these are still sugars and less is needed for sweetness. Here is how sugar is ranked.
Maybe this means taking something you enjoy and giving it a makeover and substituting ingredients. It is important to use less of the alternative sugar.
- Try replacing your morning coffee and sugar with honey, agave, stevia, raw coconut sugar.
- Try Lemon and molasses water instead of your soda.
- Whip up a batch of Healing Fudge instead of a candy bar.
- Plan ahead and make Homemade Granola
- Choose a sugarless smoothie instead of ice cream
- Use healthy alternatives for sugar sparingly as they are more concentrated sugars.
NOT ALL SUGAR FREE IS SAFE
Be careful not to fall into looking for sugar-free as an alternative. There are many unsafe alternatives that are as bad or worse than added sugar.
Use less sugar alternatives as they are even considered questionable by some. https://authoritynutrition.com/6-healthy-sugars-that-can-kill-you/
Xylotol is a natural sweetener and can poison your dog.