So if you are like me and have a keto LIKE, NO SUGAR diet, the holidays can come in like a storm and wreck havoc in your life.
I have a few fail safe recipes and ideas that get me through this time with my family and health on track.
- Have a plan
- Shop ahead of time
- Stock your pantry well
- Freeze extra snacks in travel containers
- Always bring extra to the party
- Did I say plan ahead???
I always have a stocked pantry with items that I can whip up a delicious desert to take along. I try to stock my freezer with a variety of grab and go sizes for on the go. And when going to a potluck, I make 2 trays just so that I can have a back up in case my 1st tray is devoured before my family gets the chance to dish up.
Here are some of my go to items.
- Carob chips, great for cookies
- Medjool dates (dates and almond or pecans make great graham cracker crust replacements and fill with fresh fruit sprinkled with cinnamon)
- Almonds and pecans
- Almond flour
- Almond butter or I make my own in my Vitamix
- Grass fed butter
- organic extra virgin coconut oil
- organic peanut butter
- unsweetened cocoa ot carob powder (or more to taste)
- raw honey (or less to taste)
- Saigon cinnamon
- 1 pure vanilla
- Himalayan sea salt (optional)
I can blend up some pecan and dates into a crust in my Vitamix and press into a pie plate and toss some strawberries inside and sprinkle cinnamon on and chill or freeze in 15 to 30 mins.
- 1.5 cups medjool dates
- 1.5 cups pecan
- 2 cups fresh strawberries or other topping.
- Dash of cinnamon
Mix in a Vitamix and press into pie place
There are plenty more but these are the quickest and best that I have found that really get me through the season .
Plan, prepare, and party….
I have come along ways since my first sugar free Thanksgiving
Other fun recipes